MPS Uniform & Dress Code
The present uniform colors are grey, white, and green. The supplier of skirts, slacks, shirts, and shorts is Flynn & O’Hara Uniform Company.
Required at all times:
- Grey slacks or skirt of modest length – no shorter than 4 inches above the knee (available from Flynn & O’Hara only). Slacks must be hemmed so that they do not drag on the floor and they may not have split seams.
- One of the following:
- Ironed white oxford cloth shirt with white buttons and buttoned down collar, long sleeved or short sleeved (available from Flynn & O’Hara and elsewhere)
- White knit polo shirt with MPS logo, long sleeved or short sleeved available from Flynn & O’Hara
- A plain black or brown belt must be worn on all days, with any pair of slacks manufactured with belt loops
- Only a plain white turtleneck or tee shirt may be worn under the oxford cloth or polo shirts. Long sleeved turtlenecks or tees may not be worn under short sleeved polos or oxfords
- Girls are required to wear plain grey or black tights with skirts from October 15 to April 1. During the remaining months white, grey, or black solid color knee or crew socks may be worn.
- Boys are required to wear white, grey, or black solid color crew socks.
- Athletic socks may not be worn with the uniform (ankle bones should be covered).
- Shoes: a closed toe shoe in condition of good repair. Boots and sneakers may NOT be worn as part of the uniform.
On designated days during the school year, students are asked to wear their dress uniforms, which consist of the slacks/skirts, belts, shoes, and socks as described above. The only changes are:
- ONLY oxford cloth shirts may be worn; no polo shirts.
- Green or grey striped MPS tie (available from Flynn & O’Hara or from the MPS bookstore) must be worn.
- Although not required, the only sweaters/sweatshirts that may be worn with the dress uniform are:
- Green cardigan with MPS logo available from Flynn & O’Hara and from the MPS bookstore)
- Green v-neck sweater with MPS logo (available from Flynn & O’Hara and from the MPS bookstore)
- Green crew-necked sweatshirt (available only from the MPS bookstore)
- Green cardigan with MPS logo (available from Flynn & O’Hara only).
- Green v-neck sweater with MPS logo (available from Flynn & O’Hara only).
- Green crew-neck sweatshirt (available only from the MPS bookstore).
- Dark (hunter) green collared or crew neck sweatshirt with white lettering representing the school, an MPS team or an MPS activity. The sweatshirt may not have a hood or a pouch and may not be ripped or torn. All designs must be approved by the MPS administration. This sweatshirt may not be worn on dress uniform days. An oxford cloth shirt or a uniform polo shirt must be worn at all times, even when wearing any of the school sweaters or sweatshirts.
- Navy blue shorts (may be worn before Oct. 15 and after April 1) (available only from Flynn & O’Hara)
- Solid navy blue socks, only worn with shorts(available from Flynn & O’Hara and elsewhere)