Dance Company is a course designed to strengthen and improve the work of the already trained dancer through in-class work and performance opportunities. The main emphasis of the course is to improve the technical performance of the dancers in several different dance genres. Other aspects such as choreography, terminology, and dance history will also be incorporated.
Acceptance into the Dance Company is by audition. Placement of students into the divisions of the Mercyhurst Dance Program is determined by the instructors based on the students’ abilities.
The dance company divisions include:
- Dance Company (Master)
- Dance Company (Master) – Honors/IB
- Dance Company (Advanced)
- Dance Company (Advanced) – Honors/IB
- Dance Company (Intermediate/Advanced)
- Dance Company (Intermediate/Advanced) – Honors/IB
- Dance Company (Apprentice/Intermediate)
- Dance Company (Apprentice/Intermediate) – Honors/IB
The companies also travel every other year to perform at Walt Disney World in Florida.