Each year the Board of Trustees works with the school to develop a balanced budget. They consider the financial concerns of our families and the rising costs of operating today’s schools. Their efforts allow us to offer the best possible educational programs at a cost considerably less than the cost of education in the public sector while providing just salaries for our faculty and staff. The task is not an easy one; yet we have always been able to set priorities and find ways to achieve our common goals.
When making comparisons among tuition-based schools, be sure to add into account all costs. Be aware that Mercyhurst Prep does NOT charge additional fees for student participation in athletics, for art classes, for notebook computers and their maintenance, etc.
MPS has contracted with FACTS Management Company to help us better plan how to use our financial resources and manage our tuition collection program. FACTS serves over 1800 schools nationally and is used by nearly 200,000 families. Families can choose one of three options to pay tuition:
- Full payment is due in July. This payment will be made directly to the school. It will not be necessary to fill out FACTS contract information.
- Term payments are due in July, October, and January. A term payment fee applies to families choosing this option. You may register for FACTS below.
- Ten monthly payments starting in July and ending in April. Payments can be made on the 5th or 20th of the month. A term payment fee, set by FACTS, applies to families choosing this option. You may register for FACTS below.
FACTS payments can be made through checking or savings accounts or charged to your Mastercard. We believe that this service is an asset to our school and our families. Be assured that neither FACTS nor MPS has direct access to or any knowledge about the status of your bank account. Your bank makes the payment for you directly to FACTS on the day authorized by you.
FACTS Payment Plan
Mercyhurst Prep uses FACTS Tuition Management to handle our payment plans. If you pay your tuition through FACTS, you can check on the status of your account, the schedule of payments still to be made, a listing of those payments already made, and a complete listing of all activity through the FACTS website.
Proceed to the FACTS website. Under ‘New User’ select ‘Get Started’ to begin.
- Returning FACTS Families: You will be electronically re-enrolled by your school. Do NOT proceed to set up a new agreement.
- If you are signing up for a payment plan starting after the initial July withdrawal date, then any past due amount for the 2017-18 school year will be withdrawn 10 days from the establishment of the FACTS Agreement.
If you have any questions, please contact:Mercyhurst Preparatory School at 814.824.2315 FACTS Management Co. at 866.441.4637
2018 – 2019 Tuition and Fees
A non-refundable registration fee of $100 is due in May 1, 2018 for grades 10-12. The registration fee is part of the tuition and should be deducted from the tuition total.
- The base tuition of $9,600.00 is for all students who are members of an Erie Catholic Diocesan parish; non-parishioners must add $200.
- All students are required to participate in the annual fundraising program by selling their quota of $300.00 per family. The fundraiser is billed on the tuition contract.
- Seniors only must add a $100.00 graduation fee.
- Subtract any financial aid/scholarship aid awarded.
- Subtract $100.00 registration fee (if paid)
- Subtract continuum discount for Mercyhurst Prep and Mercyhurst University employees.